I am sure there were lot of challenges adjusting resolution on the view desktop and this was most asked from customers. Now VMware has a solution to overcome the challenges. Here is a simple internal flings, View Client Resizer does the job designed by Kif.
View Client Resizer is a utility (VMware Fling) that resizes the client desktop for Windows with VMware Horizon to a specific resolution.
This small utility is useful for users to set pre-established Horizon View client sessions with desired resolution without disconnecting current session.
- Displays all client View active sessions and polls the pre-set resolution.
- It allows to pick from a pre-set list of common resolutions, or enter an arbitrary resolution
- It works on any version of Windows
- Remembers previously set resolution
- VMware Horizon Client for Windows
- Any version of Windows
- Download the View Client Resizer executable to the client system and extract the same.
- Run the ViewClientResizer.exe then select the View Client session from the View Client Title pull-down menu. This will be populated when you start the application, or establish the session and click the Refresh button.
- Enter a resolution size using an ‘x’ to separate the X and Y values, or select from the pre-defined list in the Resolution pull-down menu.
- Click on the Resize button to resize the View Client desktop.
Hope you find this useful. Thanks for reading, Keep sharing.